Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2019!
Dear Business Friends, Dear Colleagues,
Christmas time is upon us once again and we would like to thank you for your trust and your continued partnership during the past year 2018.
This Holiday Season we again decided to make a charitable donation rather than sending Christmas gifts. So we have chosen "Hilfsfonds Waldbuettelbrunn", active in support of needy fellow citizens in our home community.
The participants in our cheque donation ceremony are (l to r): Stefan Opis, Klaus Schmidt/1st Mayor Waldbuettelbrunn, Alfred Endres/ Former Mayor Waldbuettelbrunn/Chairman "Hilfsfonds", Hans Lebahn, Udo Interwies.
We would like to wish one and all a Merry and Peaceful Christmas
and of course a successful New Year 2019,
Your team at ILUDEST
A few impressions taken from ILUDEST’s and i-Fischer’s recent participation in the ACHEMA exhibition 2018 in Frankfurt:
A few impressions taken from ILUDEST’s and i-Fischer’s recent participation in the Iran Oil Show 2018 in Tehran:
A few impressions taken from ILUDEST’s and i-Fischer’s recent participation in the Arab Lab exhibition 2018 in Dubai:
News from “Distillation Tailor Made”…
With an innovative solution again the distillation experts of ILUDEST were able to solve a very ambitious customer demand by putting into practice: optimized separation of crude oil into high temperature fractions, a process which cannot be effected by using one of the common ASTM-standards e.g. acc. to D2892 or D5236.
ASTM D2892 allows to fractionate crude oil samples by using a packed column (approx. 15 theoretical plates) up to approx. 400°CAET (2 mmHg).
The pursuing standard ASTM D5236 allows to fractionate crude oil samples up to approx. 540…565°CAET (0.1 mmHg), however, by using an open-tube column (approx. 2 theoretical plates). Hence, the overlapping range of fractions (= parameter for the separating quality) is huge, approx. 15…25°C and more. A customer in South Korea, served by ILUDEST with a comprehensive range of ASTM-units of different standards and sizes since many years, approached us with a demand far beyond the capabilities of those ASTM-standards. Thus the team of ILUDEST developed, designed and produced a distillation plant characterized by an "unusual" combination of parameters as follows:
- high separation efficiency (25…30 theoretical plates) even under vacuum condition
- low overlapping ranges (< 10°C)
- fractions up to 600°CAET (thus beyond ASTM D2892/D5236)
- operation pressure atm…0.001 mmHg (thus the actual vacuum is about 100 times lower than requested by ASTM D5236)
- high distillation rates even at very low vacuum, thus the common ASTM-distillation times are not exceeded
- large charges up to 200 ltr, which do allow the production of well defined fractions for developing new products.
Other R&D projects of ILUDEST currently in progress:
- fully automated online version of the analyzer acc. to ASTM D1160
- fully automated product sampling system out of oil tanks acc. to ASTM D4057 (no draining of tanks or modifying tank internals are required for installing the device)